WHAT IS A CIVIL CLAIM?
A civil claim is a legal and factual dispute between two or more parties claiming for remedies, damages or compensation.
Filing a Civil Claim
- A claim by an individual not more than RM5,000.00 can be filed in the Small Claims Court.
- The Magistrates’ Court will hear all civil claims up to RM100,000.00.
- The Sessions Court will hear all civil claims between RM100,001.00 to RM1,000,000.00
- The High Court can hear all monetary claims (unlimited jurisdiction).
EXAMPLES OF CIVIL CLAIMS
- Personal Loan
- Housing Loan
- Hire Purchase
- Study Loan
- Credit Card
- Breach of Contract
- Dispute involving Movable and Immovable Property
- Dispute between Landlord and Tenant
- Civil claims involving motor vehicle accidents
- Personal Injury Claims